Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

How its going to work - Playground reviews!

I joined a mother's group last year after I realized my toddler talked to no one but me and her psyche and my mental well-being were at stake. My neighbor talked me into it, and it was fun. A good chance to talk to people who's drink tastes were more refined than strawberry milk, which is awesome. After being in the group for about a year, I found myself in position to take over the PAW (Playground of the Week) Coordinator position when it became open.
I thought to myself, "Easy. I've lived in this area most of my life. I know stuff about parks!"
...
This was not true. Especially after a look at the city's web page to find a certain park I thought I had remembered from my youth - there were tons. Going to the same one park I knew over and over really didn't fit the whole PAW ideal. It was on the second month when I realized I had no idea what I was doing. The information on the parks over the web was vague to non-existent.
So thus - this.
I'm going to review the parks and playgrounds around the Kansas City area that I drag my daughter with me to.
Things to consider will be:
1.) Location - Address and all of that fun stuff, but also; is it easy to find?
2.) Amenities - Parking for all? Is there shade, or it it time for a suntan? Is there playground equiptment (I hope so!) and what ages would it be for? The ever-important bathrooms?
3.) The Results - Pretty self-explanatory, I think. The good, the bad and the parky.

I'll try not to make it too horrid! I think we'll be sticking to parks around Lee's Summit, Greenwood, Blue Springs, and Independence for starters.

No comments:

Post a Comment